In today’s global economy, many people have serious concerns about inflation. Massive government spending initiatives in reaction to the COVID-19 pandemic are what’s fueling this worry.
However, a lot of market participants today haven’t actually experienced hazardous inflation levels and aren’t equipped to defend themselves against it.
It is crucial that market participants and regular people grasp the ins and outs of inflation in order to comprehend where this worry comes from and how one can better protect themselves against unhealthy levels of inflation.
We analyze inflation in this study, go into detail about its causes and effects, talk about how central banks control it, explain what it means for society, and offer advice on how anyone may defend themselves against it.
Here’s what you’re going to learn!
Within this Digital book you will find the following chapters:
- Causes of Inflation
- The Triangle Model
- Cost-Push Inflation
- Built-In Inflation
- Lowest Common Denominator
- What Are the Effects of Inflation?
- Monetary Policy: Keeping Inflation Under Control
- Modifying the Discount Rate
- Bank Reserve Requirement
- Open Market Operations
- Quantitative Easing/Tightening
- Repurchase Agreement (Repo) Operations
- How Is Inflation Measured?
- Consumer Price Index (CPI)
- Harmonized Index of Consumer Prices (HICP)
- The Common Criticisms of How Inflation Is Calculated
- Hedging: Learn to Protect Your Wealth
- And more!